Fun Activities for Creating Connection Online
Time & Location
About the Event
Building connection and trust is essential to the success of any group process, and is especially important online where the default experience is separation and isolation. Fortunately being online also offers unique opportunities to thoughtfully design for meaningful interaction and inclusive processes.
Through years of experience we have discovered that activities adapted from improvisational theater are uniquely designed to be welcoming, inclusive, and build essential skills of collaboration. In this highly interactive program we will introduce you to the core principles of improv theater, tie them to game design, and have fun playing some of our favorite online activities.
You will learn
- Fun ready-to-use activities that build connection in groups
- When, how, and why to use each activity
- How to adapt for group size and outcome goals
- Principles of improvisation and how they inform activity choices
- Strategies for including all voices and managing power dynamics
- Opportunity to share your ideas and consider how to use these in your own programs
Included in this program
- Video recording of the main session
- Written descriptions of each activity
- Slides & resource link
- Drop-in office hours for answering additional questions
Cost of the program is $40.
Free for nonprofit agencies in Tompkins and surrounding counties (use code TCNONPROFIT)
Free for those working to end sytemic racism (use code BLACKLIVESMATTER)
Free for repeat participants (use code ALUMNI)
To use a coupon code you must select 1 ticket, click Checkout, and then you'll get to the screen where you can enter the code.
Having trouble finding the place to enter a coupon code?
You're not alone! It can be easy to miss. Watch this 30 second video to see where to enter your coupon code.